Information Collected by vPatina
We only collect personal information that is relevant to the purpose of our website. This information allows us to innovate and improve the services we provide. We collect the following types of information from our vPatina users:
We collect information to make vPatina website useful for you.
Information You Provide to Us:
- We receive and store any information you enter on our website or provide to us in any other way. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features.
- Registration: In order for you to use vPatina services you must complete a registration form. User Profile: To allow you to express yourself beyond just the information collected during registration, we enable you to provide additional information. In addition, you may choose to include photos of yourself in your profile.
- Personal data, or personal information as we sometimes call it, means data which relates to an identifiable living person. Members will from time to time provide us with personal data, such as the following:
- name, address, email address, telephone number(s), photographs and sometimes
payment information, such as credit card or bank account numbers;
- information based on your activities on VPatina (such as relating to your Member
Content or your activity as a purchaser or seller of Editions);
- correspondence through VPatina, and correspondence sent to us by you;
- other information from your interaction with our sites, services, content and advertising, including computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from VPatina, ad data, IP address and web log information; and
- information we ask you to submit to verify your identity.
- We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. vPatina and its authorized agents automatically receive and record certain "traffic data" on their server logs from your browser including your IP address, vPatina cookie information, and the page you requested. vPatina uses this traffic data to help diagnose problems with its servers, analyze trends and administer the website.
- vPatina may collect and, on any page, display the total counts that page has been
viewed. This includes User Profile pages.
- Many companies offer programs that help you to visit websites anonymously. While
vPatina will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these programs are available.
We collect your registration and user profile data. Our servers also collect log information used to make the website faster and better.
vPatina is very concerned about your privacy and we will never provide your email address to a third party without your explicit permission, as detailed in the "Sharing Your Information" section below.
- vPatina may send out systems e-mails with information about your account, new features,
updates to terms and conditions, forgotten passwords, legal notices, major developments and other important message. You cannot unsubscribe from these e-mails.
- You can also sign up to receive e-mails from artists, galleries, curators and other third parties that you follow on vPatina. You can always subscribe or unsubscribe to these notifications on the website.
We will send you emails based on your profile settings. From time to time, we may send emails to all our users.
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our website are visited and by how many people. vPatina cookies do not collect personal information, and we do not combine information collected through cookies with other personal information to tell us
who you are or what your screen name or e-mail address is.
To remember you, our system will give you a cookie. It's safe.
Sharing Your Informationb
Because vPatina enables people to discover and share information with one another, information about the people who use vPatina is an integral part of the vPatina experience. Rest assured that we neither rent nor sell your personal information to anyone and that we will share your personal information only as described below.
- vPatina Personnel: vPatina personnel and authorized consultants and/or contractors may have access to user information if necessary in the normal course of vPatina business.
- Business Transfers: In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if vPatina, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred.
- User Profile information: Information collected during registration and subsequent visits, such as your full name and location, may be displayed to other vPatina users in your User Profile. The User Profile is the area on vPatina where we allow you to tell other vPatina users about yourself. You may control what personal information is displayed in your User Profile by visiting the Settings section of your User Profile.
- The websites you visit from our, including those of advertisers, have their own privacy policies. We advise you to review the privacy policies of websites before providing them with any of your personal information.
We do not sell your information to anyone. However, we will show publicly available information to other users and may release other information to authorities where required by law.
Keeping Information Secure
- Your personal data will be collected, processed, stored and used by us, and passed to data
- Your vPatina account information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. It remains each Member's responsibility:
- to ensure no-one else uses VPatina while the Member’s machine is "logged on" to VPatina;
- to log off or exit from your Account when not using it; and
- to keep his/her password or other access information secret.
- Only employees who need personal information to perform a specific job (for example, a customer service representative) are granted access to it.
Your account is protected by an encrypted password. We keep it secure, you must also keep it safe. Our employees may not access your account unless required to do a specific job.
Ways to Control Display and Use of Your Information
- As stated previously, you can always opt not to disclose information, but then you may be
unable to use certain features on our website.
- By visiting your User Profile, you can correct, amend, add or delete personal information on our website.
- If you do not wish to receive e-mail from us or other vPatina users, please visit the Settings of your User Profile and/or follow the instructions contained in the unwanted e-mail message.
- However, please note that you will continue to receive all system e-mails (e.g. those regarding forgotten user passwords) and legal notices (e.g. updates to our policies) from us.
- As explained earlier, the "help" portion of the toolbar on the majority of browsers will direct you on how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to command the browser to tell you when you receive a new cookie, or how to fully disable cookies. Please note, however, that if your browser does not accept cookies, you will not be able to take advantage of some of our attractive features.
You can choose not to share information with us, but your experience of the site may be limited. However, until your account is deleted, you will receive all system emails.
Children Under 18 Years of Age
You must be 14 years and older to register to use the vPatina website. As a result, vPatina does not specifically collect information about children. We recommend that minors between the ages of 14 and 18 ask and receive their parents' permission before using vPatina or sending information about themselves or anyone else over the Internet.
Please register only when you reach 18 years old, or ask your parents' permission if you are between 14 and 18 years old.
Conditions of Use
Effective as of March 6th, 2019.